
With the exception of perfecting the layout and determining which map is best for the data presented, this exercise was relatively easy.
I think there are a couple of reasons for this:
- I read all the material for both this class and GIS before attempting the lab. I think I was able to understand some of the concepts better this way.
- I completed the GIS lab first and I hit this topic as I was working my way though that lab exercise.
Problems:
- When I inserted the legend for standard deviation the color ramp defaulted to one I was not using and the color ramp I was using for the other maps was unavailable. I manually changed each color to match the color ramp used in the other maps.
- I could not seem to standardize each legend window to be the same window and font size. Any tips here would be greatly appreciated!
- Determining the best map for the data presented -- statistics was a tough class for me and I am struggling with the answer to this question.
- It is frustrating when each time you resize a data frame, the scale readjusts and I need to change it back to 1:825,000. Is there a way to prevent this?
Hi Sue, you've done some great work here. i might be able to help with some of the problems you listed. i will give the short explanation, you can contact me if you need more details.
ReplyDeleteyou can set the legend size and location by double clicking on it. then you will see the size and position tab. under the items tab you can double click each legend item and edit the properties for display, font etc...
lock the scale of the data frame in the properties menu under the data frame tab. set the extent to fixed scale and choose your prefered ratio.
good luck,
Jim
Thanks Jim! I am going to check out your tips tonight when I start the next lab. I appreciate the feedback and help. Take Care! Sue
ReplyDelete