Wednesday, February 10, 2010

02.10.10 Deliverable



As a first time user of the Illustrator, I found it difficult to locate the tools I wanted to use and spent too much time trying to navigate the program than I dedicated to the map. Specifically, I wanted to add blue background and mask the names of the sheltered bodies of water.

However, I really enjoy the font selection and once I read Don Elder's post I learned how to insert characters and symbols. But since I continue to struggle with the size and small appearance of my map, you really cannot see them. Also quite illegible are the names of the interior bodies of water which I feel would be clearer if I could increase the map size or learn how to mask.

Hey instructors -- do you happen to have a pdf or something that details step by step instructions on how to optimize map size ? I think getting this beginning step right is vital to the final presentation. I am missing something in this step and would appreciate any documented assistance you can provide.

I think as I become more familiar with the software, its powerful potential will become more readily apparent.

Peace~Sue

1 comment:

  1. Good placement here. Don't be afraid to alter the font size because that could help here.

    ReplyDelete