Thursday, February 25, 2010

02.23.10 Deliverable #2




This is the map based on Census Division. Finished, finally! Whew!
To recreate the data from the previous choropleth map we needed to recalculate the change in population percentage based on the totals per division. Without direction, it took me quite some time to figure this out. I think it may have been easier to learn how to update or upload excel data in ArcMap and process the changes from there but I also think the point of this lesson was to see how our groups and layers in AI functioned.
Problems:
1. What happened to Washington, D.C., Sue? The population data for the state is included in the figures and I am sure it is on the map but my annontation is MIA.
2. Scale bar and text is only for the Continental USA; I forgot to include a scale bar for Alaska and Hawaii which are both presented at the same scale.



1 comment: